Brandi's Reviews > Ashes to Ashes

Ashes to Ashes by Karina Halle

bookshelves: reach-for-the-xanax, all-time-favorites, best-of-2013, dark-twisty, paranormal

description

What can I say - It is no surprise that I devoured this story. I mean it is Dex and Perry, what is not to love?!?! If you haven't started this series, you are seriously missing out. So just do it!

I can tell you parts of this story scared the shit out of me.I am not too embarrassed to admit, that I had to put it down for the night. I am a wimp. Yes, I am a 28 year old baby. But reading this alone, late at night...yeah.... it was not working for me. I was tempted to wake the husband up, to protect me, just so I could read more ;)

"You’re my woman. You’re my partner. You’re my lover. And if I can’t try and fucking understand you and that complex, crazy head of yours, then I’m not doing my job. Then I’m not worthy of you. I want to be worth of you, baby. I want to know how you work, how you function, how you think. I want to know you so I can be there for you and be there with you.

It wasn't all terrifying bumps in the night though, some major Dex and Perry moments went down! Swoon-worthy Dex is just a good as smart-ass Dex.

"But are you prepared for, you know...the children of the damned? Toddlers from hell?Art kids without Ritalin?"

"Well, you can always do what I do and make up a word. Like, twatwaffle."

So now I am both anxious and afraid of the next book...the final book. That ending has me twitching like a crack addict. I know it will be bittersweet, I don't want it to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes to Ashes.

August 8, 2013 – Shelved
August 8, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 11, 2013 – Started Reading
December 11, 2013 –
0.0% "Oh Dex...I have missed you!\n description"
December 13, 2013 – Shelved as: reach-for-the-xanax
December 13, 2013 – Shelved as: all-time-favorites
December 13, 2013 – Shelved as: best-of-2013
December 13, 2013 – Shelved as: dark-twisty
December 13, 2013 – Finished Reading
February 25, 2014 – Shelved as: paranormal

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

message 1: by destini mia (new)

destini mia Lovely review, hun!!

Brandi Destini wrote: "Lovely review, hun!!"

Thanks, love! :)

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Amazing review sweetie <333
So glad you like it too!!

Brandi Pavlina loves Derek ❤❤ wrote: "Amazing review sweetie <333
So glad you like it too!!"

Thanks, hun!! It was fantastic! :D

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Brandi wrote: "Pavlina loves Derek ❤❤ wrote: "Amazing review sweetie <333
So glad you like it too!!"

Thanks, hun!! It was fantastic! :D"

yes yes yes :)) I think I will read it again soon ;))

[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥ Perfect review hun. Ah the last book will be bittersweet :)

message 7: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ I can't wait to start this series! Great review, Brandi! :)

Brandi [Ami~RR] wrote: "Perfect review hun. Ah the last book will be bittersweet :)"

Thanks sweetie! I know, I will miss them <3

Brandi ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "I can't wait to start this series! Great review, Brandi! :)"

Thanks Rachel!! I hope you love it! <3<3<3

Debra Awesome review, Brandi!! :-)

Brandi Debra wrote: "Awesome review, Brandi!! :-)"

Thanks, Debra <3

Jeanne Love your review and the collage:) Twitching like a crack addict, lol. I hear ya!

message 13: by Christy (new)

Christy Wonderful review, Brandi! <3

Brandi Jeanne wrote: "Love your review and the collage:) Twitching like a crack addict, lol. I hear ya!"

Lol. Thanks, sweetie! <3

Brandi Christy wrote: "Wonderful review, Brandi! <3"

Thanks, Christy!! I can't wait for you to get a chance to start this series, you will love Dex!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Love your review and collage+casting - great choice for Perry :)
muah*<3

Brandi Ana Rita wrote: "Love your review and collage+casting - great choice for Perry :)
muah*<3"