Krystle Lewallen's Reviews > Hover

Hover by Melissa  West

Hover (The Taking #2) blew my mind! I mean, just wow. I read Gravity and it quickly became one of my favorite books so I was really excited about reading Hover. I waited patiently so when I finally got to reading it I as all built up from book 1 ready to dive into book 2. Melissa, did not disappoint in this one. The world she creates is so beautifully described not just the places but the people. When you read it, it completely takes you over enveloping your mind everything around you disappears and you are completely sucked into the pages in between this beautiful cover. The plot was well built and the subplots supported the story so the flow was perfect.

I read other reviewers so I looked for those things that other reviewers found lacking but I saw none of that. There was a beginning and an end and so much development. I learned so much about Loge and the characters. Oh Jackson, his struggles tugged at my heart, he tried to play so many different rolls trying to please everyone. We all know that we do that but it's not possible. His relationship with Ari was very realistic, I mean after everything we know about Ari and where she grew up and her life it made complete sense that she hesitates in her relationship.

Ari has such a fierce personality. Everything she does and feels is intensified. Her loyalty and the way she loves is magnificent. I love the fact that, unlike some other books, she isn't a stupid girl who forgives and forgets easily and gives into her heart. She is very cautious which I think every girl should be cautious with their heart. There is nothing about Ari that bothers me or I don't like.

Zeus(I say that with disgust) he is such a...okay maybe I can't really write what I want to call him but he is the worst but the best villain if I ever did read one. But there was that one time...I won't tell you, you'll have to read it for yourself. The supporting characters, loved them! My favorite was definitely Emmy. I have love for that women. She sort of reminds me of my grandma.

The twist, what good is a book if there isn't a twist? Something that you don't see coming, something that will make your heart beat erratically, something that will make you gasp. Yes, yes, and yes. The twist had all of those things and I am going to be impatiently waiting for the next book. Yes, it's one of those. I would recommend Hover, but read Gravity first they are both excellent. Really you don't know what you're missing. The best sci-fi book I have read this year.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hover.

August 8, 2013 – Started Reading