Laura's Reviews > Midnight Frost

Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep

bookshelves: favorites, fantasy, romance, ya

This series is amazing. That's pretty much all I have to say. The problem/action is presented from the get-go and there isn't all that much introduction like there is in other books. I only have one suggestion for Ms. Estep: said is dead. During dialogue, it was pretty much 'asked' or said' with some sort of describing word like curious. So it would be someone talking and then it would be "I said, curious at ..." This went on for the whole book and got kind of annoying to me probably because I'm just obsessive about using different words. The story line also would have fit a novella and not an entire book but I guess the author added enough details and such that it wasn't too boring. (view spoiler)

It was an amazing book and I can't wait until I can get my hands on Killer Frost, which I think is the last one in the series. I'm crazy excited and at the same time I'm really sad. I loved getting to know Gwen and her down-to-earth nature (like how she never lets fancy and expensive stuff rule her life and make her jealous and such). It'll be sad to see her go but I'm super pumped for the final showdown between the Reapers with Loki and Gwen and her army of friends/good guys.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Frost.

August 7, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
August 7, 2013 – Shelved
November 13, 2013 – Started Reading
November 13, 2013 –
page 96
25.81% "Way to start the action right away!"
November 14, 2013 – Finished Reading