Brian Yahn's Reviews > Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

bookshelves: favorites

How does one review something so good? Are there even words to do it? Here's my attempt:

Holly Golightly is an interesting enough character to fill ten libraries. She crept into my thoughts regularly for months after reading the book, and I still think about her quite often to this day, like a long-lost lover, but more fondly.

I've never quite enjoyed prose like this either. I mean, every single sentence I liked. There wasn't one in the whole book where I thought, "you know, this one's the bad one." It's no wonder that I didn't put the book down until I finished it.

Structurally, it's a masterpiece. The pacing is perfect.

It's one of those books that you read, and when you finish it, you're a little sad, because you know you found THAT book, and you know you'll probably never find a book you like this much again.

I want to say something bad about it, but I just can't think of anything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Quotes Brian Liked

Truman Capote
“It’s better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes.”
Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's

Truman Capote
“Home is where you feel at home. I'm still looking.”
Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's

August 6, 2013 – Shelved
August 6, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
September 30, 2013 – Started Reading
September 30, 2013 – Finished Reading
October 9, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Tanner I agree completely with you, we will never find a book this beautiful again.

Brian Yahn Tanner wrote: "I agree completely with you, we will never find a book this beautiful again."

So true!