Elisabetta's Reviews > The Memory Keeper's Daughter

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards

Aug 25, 2009

bookshelves: intense, lovely, life, reding-recommended
Recommended for: Everyone

OK, what I must tell is I loved this book. I started reading without remembering much the plot, and just after a few pages, I was already both angry and sad. David Henry, such an unresolved man, with loads of unspoken problems inside, that in the attempt to save tho his wife a troubled life, prefers to deliver her baby girl and pretend she is not anymore on planet earth. It is so touching, if you think that he, in this istant of madness, thought that death would have been better accepted, and maybe forgot.
I can't tell you I felt anger for David, but a lot of pity, yes. Pity for not being able to "accept" himself, but on being so stubborn to claim Norah's acceptation of death, whatever.
Then there's Caroline, so sweet and strongat the same time. And Pheobe, determined to live the life his father would never dream about.
What we should really understand, is that we'll never know what life is bringing, and we are not able to foresee what is best for us and our beloved ones. We just have to try. And fail, sometimes.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Memory Keeper's Daughter.

August 25, 2009 – Shelved