Stacie's Reviews > Lions and Tigers and Teens

Lions and Tigers and Teens by Myrna Beth Haskell

bookshelves: reviews

Lions and Tigers and Teens is a collection of enlightening and often times humorous stories about the trials and rewards of raising teens. As a mother of four, ages 9-21, I greatly appreciate the insight her stories bring. The Tips and Tales at the end of each chapter are also a wonderful addition to the book, helping parents learn from others who have faced the same issues. One of my favorite stories (and I have many) is No Jacket Required. I have faced the war of the jacket numerous times and reading this story was like reading a page from my life. I even laughed as the conversation between parent and teen sounded like my own. In case you were wondering, I let my teen go without a jacket. The next time I said it was cold out my teen grabbed a jacket on his own. By letting him make the "decision" a confrontation was avoided. Stories like this one and many, many more make Lions and Tigers and Teens well worth the read.

Even though it is easy to forget, we were all teens at one time and need to keep that in mind when choosing our battles. I applaud the author in her efforts to assist parents with the everyday challenges teens bring and for the reminder that being a parent, although difficult at times, is truly a gift.

I highly recommend picking up a copy of Lions and Tigers and Teens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lions and Tigers and Teens.

Finished Reading