Wendy's Reviews > Safe

Safe by Ryan Michele

Well oh my goodness where do you start with this debut novel from Ryan Michele, not only does she bring us a tug at your heartstrings until they snap kind of story, but also a sneak right up on you and face slap you real good from behind kind of story.

When Sadie goes to stay with relatives in the small town of Williamsfield, Georgia she moves in with her cousin Lauryn, where she would like to keep herself to herself.

Now is there anyone else who would like to move here because from what I can tell it’s full of mighty fine southern eye candy.

So who’s with me? Anyone?

Landon & Sadie are both broken in ways you come to understand and this shapes their story perfectly, they start out as friends but the undercurrent of attraction taunts us and we want them together.
We want them to be happy.

There are scenes that were uncomfortable but they were relevant to the story and Rob her ex does not give up easily when it comes to Sadie. Can Landon save her from the cycle of abuse, can he overcome his own past to love again?

I was hooked from start to finish, I couldn’t put it down, I cried, I cringed, I gasped, I laughed and I sighed.

Well done Ryan, what a great debut novel and I’m looking forward to more from you

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Safe.

August 6, 2013 – Shelved