Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~'s Reviews > Louder Than Love

Louder Than Love by Jessica Topper

4.5 ROCK- stars

I will admit this book seemed quite slow in the beginning and I almost gave up on it. I'm not sure if I wasn't in the right mindset or had too many distractions but I'm glad I stuck through it. The last half of this book was just great in my opinion. This book isn't just a fluff read, its a deep emotional journey that a couple takes to get past their demons and wind up together. If you are looking for a smut book this is not one. They have sex but its not detailed. If you are looking for a book about a journey of two people coming together then this is the book for you.

Katrina aka Tree, aka Kat, is a widowed single mother to Abbey. Her husband, Pete, tragically died in a train accident.

not fair photo tantrum_zps546d7cd8.gif

"Pete was my world. No matter where we were, when I was with him, I was home. Everything synced; everything made sense. Together we created this life, this great, great, life. And just when I thought it couldn't possibly be more perfect, we created life. Abbey."

Abbey is a cute little girl and was named after Abbey road since her parents had a huge love of music.

Katrina meets Adrian aka Digger when she books him to play at the library since he created the music of Abbey's favorite PBS cartoon, Maxwell MacGillikitty. Adrian shows up drunk to Tree's surprise but still manages to pull off a great performance.

photo toraneko11_b_zps44652d91.gif

Abbey is somewhat of the glue that brings them together.

"Maybe she was the vehicle. Without Abbey's love of that fantastical cat, could any of this exist?
Without Abbey.
Without Pete's love, there would be no Abbey.
Without Pete.

Do things really happen for a reason?"

Abbey does bring them together but obviously they have a spark between the two of them. And man, that first kiss was breath stopping....

kissing photo tumblr_lscvk0Iw2X1qfq8ubo1_500_zpsdf09da6c.gif

Get it? Ok bad joke...

They begin a relationship but they have many obstacles in the way. Tree is very vague about Pete and Adrian neglects to mention his former Rock n Roll lifestyle which included lots of drugs. Of course this all eventually comes out.

nodding photo new-girl2_zpse307712b.gif

"We were gods...but no one has the right to be that almighty. To think nothing and nobody could stop us. That was our fatal flaw."

After some heartbreak and misunderstanding we do luckily get to see a HEA between these two.

YAY photo tumblr_mk1suaX6wT1rx2roro2_500_zps6f519907.gif

“You are the best thing to happen to me, bar none. You, Abbey...all of this. You both walked into my life and...I never knew what I wanted until you did.”

With regard to Katrina's friends

With regard to Grant:

aint shit photo tumblr_mnxsmkNuAl1soxa0co1_500_zps657bbad8.gif

Also my only complaint is (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Louder Than Love.

Quotes Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ Liked

Jessica Topper
“I guess I'm not a very spiritual person. I don't think things always 'happen for a reason,' everything must be 'God's way,' or (and this is one of Karen's favorites) 'He only gives you what you can handle.' I simply believe, and I'm sorry to sound crude about it, that shit happens. Period.

Sometimes you are the pigeon.
Sometimes you are the statue.”
Jessica Topper, Louder Than Love

Jessica Topper
“The pure rapture was apparent, although there were glimmers of what could only be described as an exorcism. He was simultaneously reaching for something yet trying to rid himself of it at the same time as he ran through a smooth and fast legato.”
Jessica Topper, Louder Than Love

August 5, 2013 – Shelved
January 13, 2014 – Started Reading
January 17, 2014 –
66.0% ""I love you!"\n "
January 19, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)

message 1: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Enjoy it.

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Montoya Loooooved this book! Enjoy!

Michelle I'm struggling with this book. I'm at 15% and that's taken me 2 days. Ugh. I guess I'll stick with it.

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ Yes Michelle I was struggling in te beginning but the second half of the book was worth it to me

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks J!

Rachel Great review! This is one of my favorites!

Brandi Great review, Jessica! I hope to start this one soon :)

message 9: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Great review.

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Jessica :)))

♥Sharon♥ Great review Jessica!

message 13: by Barbara (new) - added it

Barbara great review Jessica :)

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ Rachel wrote: "Great review! This is one of my favorites!"

Brandi wrote: "Great review, Jessica! I hope to start this one soon :)"

Mo - Irene's Irish minion for the month of January wrote: "Great review."

Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤ wrote: "Wonderful review Jessica :)))"

Ⓐlleskelle *Irene's Faithful Minion* - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳ wrote: "Great review jessica!"

♥Sharon♥ wrote: "Great review Jessica!"

Barbara wrote: "great review Jessica :)"

Thanks you guys!! :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Fantastic review Jessica!! If I read it, I hope I won't give up on it :D

~IreneOust~ LMAO!!! Grant GIF! Bloody good review, Jess! (see what I did there ... throwing my British slang in as I pay homage to Adrian! LOL!) Thanks for being a part of the BR :) xoxo

message 17: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo LOL, great review, yeah, good joke!!!

Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~ heheheh Thanks ladies :)