Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more's Reviews > Magic Breaks

Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Breaks.

Quotes Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Liked

Ilona Andrews
“Maybe I should add some graffiti to spice it up. For a good time call the Consort. Beast Lord eats your food and turns into a lion in his sleep. Mahon has hemorrhoids. Boudas do it better. Warning, paranoid attack jaguar on the prowl…”

Ilona Andrews
“Desandra shrugged her shoulders. "Hey, Kate? Have you thought of walking up to Hugh and telling him that he's got the biggest dick ever?" She spread her arms to the size of a baseball bat.
"No, you think it would work?" I asked.
"It's worth a try. May be he'll be so happy you noticed his pork sword, he'll forget all about trying to kill us."
Pork sword. Kill me now. "I'll think about it."
Ascanio began patting his clothes.
"What?" Derek growled.
"Looking for something to take notes with.”

Ilona Andrews
“The woman said something to Roman. He stopped, turned to her, and shook his staff.
She crossed her arms. I couldn't see her face, but I read the body language well enough. I shake my magic stick at you!" "Let me tell you what you can do with your stick..."

Ilona Andrews
“Will I get nights of ecstasy?"
"And days. Ecstasy all the time.”

Ilona Andrews
“One of my cousins is named Lucifer. I once asked my aunt why and she said, "Because I wanted him to be beautiful and to think for himself.”

Ilona Andrews
“I crouched on the beam. The bunnycat shivered less than a foot away.
"Here . . . " Bunny? Kitty? "Here, cute creature thing . . . Don't be scared.”

Ilona Andrews
“As soon as the engagement was announced, the Pack Clans converged and shot the idea of a quiet ceremony out of the water and then kept firing at it until it stopped convulsing and died.”

Ilona Andrews
“I have had it up to here with my wedding," I said. "The other day Andrea tried to explain to me that apparently I am supposed to have a new thing, an old thing, a blue thing, and something stolen."
"Borrowed, Kate," Barabas murmured.
"Who the hell even makes up those rules?”

“Where to now?" I asked.
"Hold on," Robert said. "I'm still . . . coming to terms with your mode of transportation."
"Take your time," I nudged Cuddles, turning her to give him a better view. Cuddles flicked her ears, lifted her feet, and pranced. Oh dear God.”

“Damn it all. "Ascanio!"
The bouda sauntered forward, a picture of pure innocence on his face.
"What the hell are you doing?" I growled.
He pulled on a disarming smile like a shield. "Following you."
"Why?"
"Because."
So help me God, I would brain him with something heavy in a minute. "Because why?"
"I wanted to come. It's too dangerous for you and I'm concerned."
Derek snarled quietly under his breath.
"You can't blame me," Ascanio said. "Anybody in my place would be concerned. You don't even have a proper horse. You're riding a mutant equine of unknown origin.”

Ilona Andrews
“Any activity?" Robert asked.
"Not in the lasssht ten minutesh. Before that, very exshiting. I shaw Wolf Beta run by. There were vampiresh chassing her. She was yelling, 'Bill me, bloodshuckers!”

August 3, 2013 – Shelved
July 29, 2014 – Started Reading
July 29, 2014 –
7.0% ""Mahon has a doctorate in medieval history."\n That explained some things. Mahon ran Clan Heavy and I always thought his reasoning was on the medieval side. Oooh, I should tell him that sometime. He would like that. Just not while he was in his bear form.\n \n Yeah . . . probably not then. *snickers*"
July 29, 2014 –
17.0% "I call\n description"
July 29, 2014 –
24.0% "Desandra whistled quietly.\n "You know he's married, right?" I asked.\n "I can still enjoy looking at his ass..."\n "You know, if you have certain frustrations," Ascanio said, "I would be happy to help you work them out."\n Derek looked at me, pointed at Ascanio, and punched his left palm with his right fist a few times. I shook my head. No, you can't pummel him.\n \n Ehehehe."
July 29, 2014 –
32.0% ""Any activity?" Robert asked.\n "Not in the lasssht ten minutesh. Before that, very exshiting. I shaw Wolf Beta run by. There were vampiresh chassing her. She was yelling, 'Bill me, bloodshuckers!"\n Yep, that's the wolf beta, alright.\n "I think I'm in love," Ascanio said.\n \n LOVE it."
July 29, 2014 –
53.0% "Shovel, shovel, Jennifer. Dig, dig.\n description"
July 29, 2014 –
59.0% "WTH man??\n description"
July 29, 2014 –
79.0% "Landon spun the wheel. The Land Rover nearly careened, turning off the road. Landon parked and bolted out of the car, slapping the driver's door closed behind him.\n Awesome. I'd terrified the Legatus of the Golden Legion just by showing him my sword. If I waved it around, he'd probably explode.\n \n *snorts* \n \n ALSO--I think I hate this book. FYI."
July 29, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)

message 1: by Lola (new)

Lola I bet you're like super happy right now. ^^

Steven I wish I had more awesome shelf names... but then I'd have to go back and shelve so many books... and that's daunting LOL

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Yeah . . . I'll make a new shelf, and say that I'll go and sort things through again . . . and that has happened exactly ZERO times.

Steven Hahaha!

I'm so sad you weren't happy with this book.

So far, the biggest issue I have with it is not enough Curran! LOL

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more That was one of my biggest issues too. He was absent for 60(ish)% of the book.

Candice See, I was super stoked Kate got to shine without Curran. ~shifty eyes~

Eva Rose Jessica (Rabid Reads) wrote: "That was one of my biggest issues too. He was absent for 60(ish)% of the book."

Yes! This annoyed me too, I kept hoping to read about how sleeping with Kate had changed his powers and all but I don't think we got anything on that did we?

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Friggin' a, I forgot about that too. The only thing that remotely touched on that subject was when (view spoiler)

Eva Rose If there isn't more to it I will be sorely disappointed because Kate went on and on about how sex without protection changed the other person and she insisted on protection with Curran the first time.

Remember how Erra told her not to "rut" with every man that got her hot because their blood was too precious to do that, she made it sound really, really important. I hope we get an explanation.

message 11: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ I hope there's more to it there too.

The other thing that bugs me is their life spans. Kate's daddy is ancient but did he have to do some spell or something to get there or is Kate "immortal" as well? And how about Curran? Shapeshifters seem to age.

message 12: by Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more (last edited Aug 01, 2014 07:58AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Jo wrote: "I hope there's more to it there too.

I think it's just part of his magic. That's why the people closet to him (like Hugh) don't age. In book 5, Curran comments that Kate's tattoo is fading, and she says that some of her scars are fading too, and I had this big AHA with Robin about it meaning Kate was becoming immortal too (and I thought that was what the big deal with sleeping with Kate would turn out to be).

message 13: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Huh... I thought they were fading because of all the magic Doolittle put the last months to heal her. We'll see. These things are gonna be answered sooner or later(later really *sobs).

Steven Hmmm, maybe Roland is doing Hugh?

Steven (sorry couldn't resist throwing that one in there)

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more That would make the Kate fixation incredibly AWKWARD ;)

Steven Jessica (Rabid Reads) wrote: "That would make the Kate fixation incredibly AWKWARD ;)"

Maybe he just wants to keep it in the family? LOL!

Hell, I'd do Hugh. Apparently I'm magnetically attracted to the douchebag pretty ones LOL!

(of course, he's way down the list. I'd do Curran and Raphael and Derek and maybe even Ascanio first -- if he was legal age! Maybe Jim too...)

message 19: by Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more (last edited Aug 01, 2014 08:10AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more 1. Raphael 2. Hugh 3. Curran . . . maybe . . . I'm still pissed about the book 6 shenanigans . . . no interest in the others b/c BABIES, and Jim . . . just no . . . I have this image of him in my head as Blade Wesley Snipes . . . *wrinkles nose*

But YEAH, I go for the douchebag pretty ones too ;)

message 20: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Steven wrote: "Hmmm, maybe Roland is doing Hugh?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Btw... Roland is ancient. He is bound to have no taboos regarding his sexual preferances!^.^

I'd do Curran first, Hugh second(bad boys *sigh) and Raphael third. I can't even think of Derek or Ascanio. Too young. And Jim, meh... I'm there with you Jess!

Steven While I'm okay with college age (I mean honestly, what gay man doesn't dream of a young stud with abs for a lover???), I usually go with older men. Since Roland is creepy, he's out. Hugh is a psycho, but he's kind of hot, more "one night stand and then run for your life" material...

Jim was a maybe... but with Jessica's Wesley Snipes comment, I'm changing it to a no. LOL

message 22: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Steven wrote: "Hugh is a psy...psycho, but he's kind of hot, more "one night stand and then run for your life" material..."

This^^

Hugh is exactly this!

Steven Yeah but this cosplayer makes a Wesley Snipes Jim more acceptable:

message 26: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ You're both wrong! Jim wouldn't wear so flashy clothes and the silver sword would reflect in the dark!:P

Samina ~ Escapism~ This kinda how I imagine Jim too. LOL. totally badass.

message 28: by Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more (last edited Aug 01, 2014 09:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Ummm . . . did you forget about the fur-lined, full-length leather duster/cloak thing? It may have been black, but that was definitely flashy, LOL.

At least it sounds flashy to me ;)

message 29: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Nope! Definitely not as flashy as the armour and leather and sword this guy is sporting!

Jim's cloak helps blend in the shadows!:P

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Thanks for that clarification, Jo ;)

message 31: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ I'm kidding! This above is totally Jim. Though I think I've never read about him carrying a sword. More of a machine gun or claws kind of guy....

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Didn't he fight in the Midnight Games with a sword? I can't remember, but I thought he did . . . maybe he just fought in half form with his mighty jaguar claws . . .

Steven And now I'm conflicted again on whether I'd do Jim or not.

message 34: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jess I don't remember. I think half-form but I never take my memory for granted.

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Well, we know we'd do Raphael and Hugh, and that's good enough for me ;)

message 36: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ And Curran! Never forget Curran. I have this delicious image of him in my mind... *sigh*

Steven Umm, we can explain the sword by saying he's taking it to Kate, wherever she is.

Steven How I always picture Curran when I read:

with some scruff and more fuzzy on his chest. :)

Oh, Jesse Pavelka, how you make me swoon!

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more From the neck up Curran-in-my-head:
description
From the neck DOWN Curran-in-my-head:
description
It's a Winchester Wonderland.

message 40: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ This is my Curran...

I'm not changing him no matter how many hotties you throw my way!

Steven OH dear god... so many Currans... and they're all throwing me on his giant bed and... *faints*

Steven Why do I not remember an episode with sam shirtless in chains? I think I'd remember that...

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more *shrugs* Idk, but there it is . . . it's looks like there's a gauntlet too O.O

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Jo . . . your Curran gives me palpitations . . . FYI.

Eva Rose You all girls are high. Curran is all tough male with a not a trace of softness to him.

Like this!

photo tumblr_m66h5cjwkv1rnvso3_zps94b4f611.gif

or THIS

photo tumblr_m4hoqni6AH1r8j1j3o1_r1_500_zps18495015.png

*TURNS ON THE AIR CONDITIONER*

Candice ~drools~

Steven dear god... fassbender.

notice how his name is F followed by ass-bender. *love*

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more Pfft. I love Fassy but he is WAY too scrawny to be Curran. Fassy as lion shifter would look more like Scar than Mufasa . . . IM humble O ;)

Eva Rose He is really slim, I would Fassbender's face on Chris Hemsworth Thor 1 body and we have a winner. XDDD

message 50: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Jess he gives me too!

Eva I'm with Jess on this one. I like Fass but he's not Curran. Although the thought of Chris' body on Thor did make me drool for a minute there...

« previous 1 3