Lori's Reviews > Into This River I Drown

Into This River I Drown by T.J. Klune

20569708

bookshelves: favourites, bmbr-reads

Oh wow. This story is completely different from the other TJ Klune books I have read. Yet while it lacks his trademark humour it doesn't lack his supreme story-telling abilities. Nor his ability to bring his stories so emotionally to life. You will need tissues when you read this book, I warn you now.
Benji's life changes the day his adored dad dies. For five years he his swimming against a tide of grief. Or not really, he's being taken by the tide, drowning in his grief. Then Cal Blue shows up and Cal is anything but an ordinary man. In fact ordinary and man do not describe him at all. Benji's life turns in ways he could never imagine until he is given the chance to make choices - the kind of choices that are never easy.
I don't want to give away any spoilers so I won't elaborate but I would recommend this book. For those who have loved, for those who have loved and lost. For those who grieve and for those who have faith. And most specially for those who believe in love.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into This River I Drown.

Quotes Lori Liked

T.J. Klune
“For want of my father, I was lost.”
T.J. Klune, Into This River I Drown

T.J. Klune
“Sometimes I float along the river
For its surface I am bound
And there are times stones done fill my pockets
And it's into this river I drown”
T.J. Klune, Into This River I Drown