Jennifer's Reviews > Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature

Beatrix Potter by Linda Lear

Aug 22, 2009

bookshelves: nonfiction, 2012-books, biography, women-write-big-books, owned, door-stopper
Read from April 28 to May 02, 2012

a great bunch of thorough research that gives one a better, more complete picture of the beatrix potter. i deducted a star because lear's prose does not flow terribly well and can be repetitive and, early on, a bit of a yawn-fest. luckily that particular kink gets worked out by the author. i have long admired potter but had not really read such comprehensive information about her in the past. her life really was remarkable, not only because of her fame and achievement as a writer of children's books, but for her intellect, artistic talents and respect for nature. as well, her feistiness and determination makes her even that much more admirable!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beatrix Potter.

11/05/2009 page 1
04/19/2012 page 44
7.0% "Weird connection alert - elizabeth gaskell's husband was the minister who married beatrix's grandparents and the gaskell couple were long-time family friends of the potters', from the grandparents' generation down to beatrix! Cool!!!"
04/22/2012 page 126
21.0% "Okay - the repeated mention of how much Potter admired the writings of Walter Scott and his Waverley novels makes me feel like I have to give Ivanhoe another whirl. Really, I would rather poke my eye with a fork. But, I do love Beatrix. Conundrum! :)"
show 8 hidden updates…