Kristi's Reviews > Afterlife

Afterlife by Claudia Gray

Aug 22, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: own-arc, books-i-own, signed-arcs, signed-books

Afterlife was a great ending to this series! As with its predecessors, I didn't see that coming!

I don't want to go into too much since this is the last in the series, you might want to skip over this review, although it's not spoilery, and pick up the first book if you haven't! But I don't want to touch on a few things that make this series so fantastic!

That's one of the great things about the Evernight series, you may think that you have it all figured out, but Gray throws you for a loop every time. You think by the fourth book I would have been expecting it, but I wasn't. And the ending was totally not what I was expecting, but Gray did it so well! It wasn't the sappy, gag-me sickeningly sweet ending where everything ends with a big bow. These characters still have obstacles to face, with that being said Afterlife does wrap up the series rather nicely. (I am SO looking forward to Balthazar's story! Can't get enough of him!)

Bianca and Lucas have both went through transformations, not just physically, but also growth through their characters. I've felt varying emotions about these characters throughout the series, and that's something that will make this series stand out for readers. Although, if you haven't already guessed, Balthazar has always had my love through it all!

I loved the world that Gray created and I'm really going to miss it. It seems that so many of my favorite series are coming to an end.

If you haven't read the Evernight series, do it now! I can't wait to read more from Gray!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Afterlife.

Keli So pissed that you have already ready this..!!

Kristi HA! only a few more months! I need some more Balthazar! can't wait for his spin off.

Keli Kristi (The Story Siren) wrote: "HA! only a few more months! I need some more Balthazar! can't wait for his spin off."

I know what you mean. I like Lucas, but Baltie is too awesome.