Ian's Reviews > Baby, I'm Yours

Baby, I'm Yours by Susan Andersen

it was ok
bookshelves: a-audiobook, b-train-wreck, g-contemporary-romance
Recommended for: people who think Funniest Home Video is funny.

Bounty hunter Sam McKade always gets his man....errr woman. So when he sees Kaylee MacPherson leaving Florida and breaking her bond agreement he is immediately in hot pursuit. He follows her to Seattle where he nabs her...well he nabs Catherine, her identical twin sister.

As they wend their way back to Florida, he refuses to believe Catherine's protestations that he has the wrong twin and she does everything in her power to make the trip as expensive and unpleasant as possible.

So nothing all that original but it was kind of cool, pretty damned funny and well on its way to 4 Stars until...

"pert beige nipple—cleft—her nipple distended—preferred morsel—beaded peak—downey mound—slippery pearl—hugging sheaf—hot wet velvet glove—magic button—blew sky high like the grand finale of the pyrotechnics of America convention—came in scolding pulsations"

...yes, until they had sex. That section was like a master-class in clichéd euphemisms for sexy bits.

IM: OK, that was awkward but it wasn't a total write-off....was it???

Actually, yeah it kind of was. The first half was so much fun that I went right ahead and bought the next two in the series. The second half was so bad that I'm thinking I probably won't read them.

I still might have given it three stars if Catherine didn't demand that Sam kill a spider that was sitting in the woods minding it's own business...and not only did he kill it, he "stomped it into paste". Hey I'm scared of spiders too, but seriously killing for no other reason than it's there....not cool.

(IM = Inner Monologue)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby, I'm Yours.

August 1, 2013 – Started Reading
August 1, 2013 – Shelved
August 5, 2013 – Shelved as: a-audiobook
August 5, 2013 – Shelved as: b-train-wreck
August 5, 2013 – Shelved as: g-contemporary-romance
August 5, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill LMBO! Love the clichéd euphemisms, Ian! :)

message 2: by Sláinte (new)

Sláinte Wanderlust "recommended for: people who think Funniest Home Video is funny." Hahaha, does anyone actually find that funny?!

message 3: by Ian (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ian Wanderlust wrote: ""recommended for: people who think Funniest Home Video is funny." Hahaha, does anyone actually find that funny?!"

Maybe Germans...there is after all a word in German for funniest home video.

scha·den·freu·de (ˈʃaːdənfrɔydə)
— n
Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.