Melissa Foley's Reviews > No Tears for My Father: A true story of incest

No Tears for My Father by Viga Boland

Aug 01, 2013

"Your book was amazing. I was enthralled, in tears, near vomiting, and happy. Your book had me right there with you. I felt every hit. I cried when you were crying. Amazing Viga, amazing"

Probably THE best book I've read in a long time; Viga Boland captures your heart right from the first page with her satire of an old woman in an oversized parka. What follows next is indescribable as a reader and MUST be seen/read first hand. In this thoughtful, difficult to say the least, written memoir Viga takes you through her journey. As a reader you are right there, a fly on the wall. Every detail, every last one you will feel as if you were Viga Boland yourself.

Even through my tears, I could NOT put this book down.

Thank you Viga for sharing your story. I can only imagine what it must have felt like to finally breathe. Out from under the years, the lifetime of guilt unwillingly bestowed, engraved in you.....I truly have no words for the bravery you have shown in this book. I am honored to read your book and share my thoughts. You are an amazing woman, and thru your writing this book and your beautiful poetry, undoubtedly, will help many others who have struggled to come out from under.....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Tears for My Father.

Started Reading