Sherry Ficklin's Reviews > Killer's Instinct

Killer's Instinct by Dawn Dalton

Aug 01, 2013

Hope sees dead people. It's her greatest weapon and her ultimate curse. After the death of her father and her Mother rising from the grave as a mindless corpse, Hope joins an elite fighting team at Le Manoir, a group of teens trained to deal with all manner of paranormal spooks and baddies. She wants to find what's left of her mother and put her to rest, but first, she needs to learn how--and she might even need some help along the way. Hope is a wonderful heroine, smart, savvy, and good with a gun: my favorite kind of ass-kicker! The other members of her team kept me on my toes, never quite sure who I could trust and what their true motivations were.

A beautifully woven story about courage and trust and what it really means to be a 'monster'. I pined for Adam immediately and his past, when revealed, was both surprising and skillfully imagined. I can't wait for the next installment so I can see where he and Hope go from here. I also really enjoyed how the 'monsters' were so unique in their mythologies. No sparkly vampires here, buddy. These creatures were well depicted and nothing like what we might traditionally expect them to be. It was really refreshing and unique.

Killer's Instinct is a breath of fresh air in the YA paranormal genre. Graves and Dalton hold nothing back and drag you into a dangerous, dark world where the things that go bump in the night are very real. Once I started reading it, there was no putting it down. I highly recommend it to fans of the Strange Angels series or anyone who likes blunt edged paranormal action in their YA books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer's Instinct.

Finished Reading