Laurynne Gouws's Reviews > Don't Lie to Me

Don't Lie to Me by Stacey Lynn

bookshelves: 4-5-stars

I find myself with very little time on my hands lately. Where in the past, reading was equivalent to breathing, it's now become a luxury. Why I'm saying this is because lately, if I start up a new book and I'm absolutely not even a little bit interested after the first chapter, I simply move onto the next. I can not waste the little time I have on a book not special enough for me to focus wholeheartedly on.

When I picked up Don't Lie To Me, it was a game of Russian Roulette. It was still fairly new when I read it, it had a few good comments, but I've seen some of the worst books get at least 3 people who say it's good - so that's not really saying much. It was creeping up the list of Amazon's best sellers... but again... let's face it, there are so many books on that list that should just not be there... So yip. I didn't know what to expect. I'd never read one of Stacey Lynn's books and I'm sad to admit this but I'd didn't even know of Stacey Lynn until Don't Lie To Me. #blush

Anyway, a long story short, I got to reading it and I was like 'Hey Now!'. It started off mild (as most books usually do), but soon - very soon kicked into gear. I really enjoyed this book ladies! And I'm so happy it wasn't a true winner for me :)

So, Emma is a sweet girl who unfortunately had a little trouble. She got pregnant and then her baby daddy just ups and leaves her to handle the situation. Now it's a few years later and she's overcome all the obstacles life threw at her. She's raising her son, is somewhat content with her life... all is well, except that she had a major crush on her boss! She's loved him for years and he's never taken notice... until now :)

Jack - This is her boss - is a major Alpha. But he has a twist. He is a full on Alpha, but he's romantic and sweet at the same time. It's really a great combination. I loved Jake from the get-go.

Now, just as things start working in Emma's favor (ie. Jake takes an interest), her Ex walks back into her life. Now Emma faces some choices. #1 Does she go with her heart, try and just hope that everything with Jake goes in a positive direction? What happens when Jake decides that his and Emma's relationship has exceeded it's expiratory date? Emma knows Jake well, she knows how he ticks - She knows he's not the long term dating kind of guy.

Or...

Does she go with the 'safe' option of taking Marcus (Her Ex & the father of her child) back. The reasons for Marcus's disappearance all those years ago are easily explained. They make sense. He was not the bad guy we are first lead to believe when we hear about the past through Emma's voice. And Marcus is really sweet. Wants a life with Emma and his son. Love's Emma just as much as he did years back when they were dating. I loved Marcus just as much as I adored Jake.

It was a tough choice for Emma - but boy did she make the right choice in the end! It was touch and go there for a while. I really thought I had it figured out, but hell no!

If you didn't realize it yet, I really enjoyed Don't Lie To Me. It's considered an Erotic Romance, however, it's not at all dirty erotica. I would label it an Adult Romance since this book is not entirely focused on sex. There is an actual story involved, one you need to get involved in. No, I wouldn't say it's Erotic, it's just steamy and that's because Jake is stud!

I'm a little disappointed that Don't Lie To Me is a stand alone. I really could do with & would definitely read a followup!

Awesome book, great characters, uniquely refreshing and totally swoon-worthy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Lie to Me.

Started Reading