Ana's Reviews > Love of Truth

Love of Truth by C.T. Oliver

liked it

3.5 Stars

I have mixed feelings about this book. It was the perfect summer read, fun, sexy and with likeable characters. But on the other hand, it was full of clichés and lacked of drama or interesting plot from the 50% until the final chapters.

I'm not a huge fan of books where everthing is perfect during the whole time but then at 95% everything comes crashing down. It makes me feel like the end is rushed and not very developed.

I found the start of the story very interesting, I was liking it until I started to feel a bit bored. The sexy scenes saved the book for me, the fun times too. I loved the connection and chemistry between Amelia and Craig. Craig was sweet and kind and the way he understood Amelia was pretty awesome. He was the best part of the book to me.

One of the things I didn't like was the overuse of some words, like 'baby', 'babe' or 'erection'. other than that the writting was okay, most of the time.

I hated the way the author left things with Ben and Pen. We never knew what was going on between them and I was so curious.

I wasn't planning on reading the sequel (I didn't even think the story could need a sequel), until that damn cliffhanger! Now I'm intrigued by it and I hope the second book is much better than this.

If you are looking for a light and fun summer read without much drama and a lot of sexy times, this is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love of Truth.

July 31, 2013 – Shelved
July 31, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
August 2, 2013 – Started Reading
August 2, 2013 –
32.0% "I'm liking this book except for the excessive amount of times they say 'baby'"
August 3, 2013 – Finished Reading