Mycala's Reviews > Happiness Sold Separately

Happiness Sold Separately by Lolly Winston

The characters in this book were amazing. I could empathize with all three of the main characters, even though at times they were at odds with each other. I admired Elinor's boldness and humor and related to her anger upon discovering her husband's affair. I felt bad for Ted, who felt helpless while watching his wife go through the trauma of miscarriage and realizing she wouldn't be able to have children. I also empathized with Gina, who was frustrated with Ted's inability to commit to her even though come on, what are the odds? But the fact that I could understand and relate to each character is a testimony to the writer. Some books I breeze through and honestly couldn't care less about the people in the story. This book was very deep and it was a very good story. The jacket says that Ted is having an affair, but I didn't expect Elinor's realization of it to happen so quickly. And I won't spoil the surprise, but the way she handled it had me laughing out loud!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happiness Sold Separately.

Started Reading