Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®'s Reviews > Falling for Jillian

Falling for Jillian by Kristen Proby

5 stars http://amzn.to/1sJSXgO
In my review of Loving Cara, book 1 in the Love Under the Big Sky series, I commented that the book contained one of the best scenes ever for a secondary character; well that 4th of July scene with Zack King so had me wanting his happy and Ms. Proby did not disappoint. I was lost in this book and now THIS is my new favorite Kristen Proby book!

Falling for Jillian tells the story of Zack King, the twin brother we met in Loving Cara (book 1) when he returns from war. This book pairs Zack with Jillian Sullivan, Cara’s best friend (book 1) and Tyler’s sister (Seducing Lauren book 2).

This book is masterfully written; the reader gets character growth from Zack and Jillian but also from Seth, Zack’s son who has such a heart wrenching past. This boy’s evolution through the series is truly a testament to Ms. Proby’s talent.

That is why I want to say I strongly recommend these books be read in order as the tension between Jillian and Zack along with their one night stand that leads to a misunderstanding is in book 1 and the escalating sexual tension continues in book 2.

Also Seth in the opening of book 1 and his character development is so well done, this young boy truly grows and develops as he goes from hating his dad, to understanding his dad to worshiping his dad. Ms. Proby hit the ball out of the park with this part of the series and again I think it is truly experienced best read straight through.

As Zack and Jillian give into their sexual tension and allow themselves to feel for each other, I was so captivated by the man under the thick skin. Zack and Jillian build an easy comfort with each other that so had me rooting for them

Both come to the relationship with a past and yes it is this past that comes back to cause issues; for me the unfolding of these events felt so true to the characters created.

Zack and Jill prove that sometimes you pick the wrong person first, sometimes the heartache of lives leads you to the right place at the right time. Both Zack and Jilly were wounded but in the end the person they become made them stronger as a couple.

The end of the book was truly a wonderful completion to a fabulous 3 book series.

Having said that, I do hope at a later date we get a 3 book Hull family series, as I would love to get to know Brad, Max and Jenna better!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling for Jillian.

July 30, 2013 – Shelved
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 4, 2014 – Started Reading
December 4, 2014 –
0.0% "Hey Jilly Whoo hoo is Zach's at the door Let the game begin!! G-d this man deserves a happy!!!"
Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Jillian Stein I JUST finished and couldn't agree with you more...it's her best book I've read yet!!