Ingo's Reviews > Nevermore

Nevermore by James Patterson

8842081

Finally! The last book in the series. A bit less than 4 stars, for being repetitive, mostly action-reaction to certain events.
Romance thrown in, but in a teen-like way, as the heroine and the heroes are way younger than 18.
The series as a whole was too long, I would not recommend to read the books all one after the other.
As with James Patterson other series (not having read most, to be sure), the books are written with a certain structure, that stays the same, and that is in all Pattersons books my main gripe. So 4 stars is too much for the whole series, 3 not enough, somewhere in between. And I am glad it has ended.
The ending is very good and has a few nice twists, but also some rather pathetic advice which is ok, but feels like a parent to a young child, but it is good advice and maybe that was the point of the whole series: to show what is important and how you can change the world, but not alone?!
Some scenes are very bloody and cruel, and they feel real, not like in a fairy tale. But for YA very good.
With these caveats and keeping in mind, that there are too many parts, recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nevermore.