Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > The Meeting

The Meeting by Richelle Mead

bookshelves: young-adult, favorite-book-guys, anthology-or-short-story, vampires, urban-fantasy
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Ash Wednesday

Watch me break out my epic wordsmith abilities.

Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri. Dimitri.

Take a picture. My rare fangirl state only appears once every Dimitri sighting, and then it's gone and I'm back to pretending to be above this kind of behavior.

Dimitri fans? What are you waiting for? Here's the link to the story.

Non-Dimitri fans? I'm putting you in time out with my special friend Ash (team Javier, REALLY?).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Meeting.

July 30, 2013 – Shelved
Started Reading
August 1, 2013 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)

TJlovestoread Blog I finally decided to give these books a shot!!!

message 2: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Aug 01, 2013 01:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stacia (the 2010 club) I haven't. I'm holding off until the book is released. The teasers tend to make me wish I had the book already. I would have loved a PoV of Dimitri's during Blood Promise. I think he would have had a lot of warring/conflicting/even confused thoughts in his head.

(you might want to spoiler tag the comment about (view spoiler) because people new to the series won't know that this happens to him when they pick up book 1 and it's something that's worth being surprised about. I was kind of sad when I had it spoiled for me ahead of time because then I didn't get to experience the shock that everyone else did.)

Cecilia (CesBookGeek) wrote: "I finally decided to give these books a shot!!!"

Yay! I'm always excited to see someone else try VA. If you end up not being a fan of the first book (it reads a little younger than the rest of the series), at least give book 2 a shot. From books 3 on, it's a super-crazy ride!

Ash Wednesday LOL! I really like the 'special' touch right there.
So long as Javier's in the time out box with me I'm totally fine being special :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) It's a complimentary kind of special, not an insult.

Do you really want to be alone in a box with Javier? He's kind of scary.

Ash Wednesday Heh, we both know I'm both ways special ;p
He IS! Makes me wanna cuddle. I think its because I have the biggest crush on Gael Garcia Bernal more than wanting to get... Uh, stained, that makes me love Javier.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Ah, I get the association with an actor thing.

I'm finally starting to warm up to Danila playing Dimitri. It took a while.

Ash Wednesday I haven't been following the VA movie thing. When is it coming out? Maybe if/when I get to see it I'd finally get bitten by the VA bug. I think I only got into the HP books before because I had a big crush on Daniel Radcliffe the kid. #shallow

Stacia (the 2010 club) 2014, I think. I think they've started filming already.

Karla Ooooooh, thanks for the heads up on this one Stacia!!!

message 10: by Dali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dali Yey! Team Dimitri!

message 12: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Give us more, Mead! Haha, I loved this little snippet, VA was great and would have been amazing if it had parts in his POV.

TJlovestoread Blog Stacia ~ Vixen of Variety wrote: "2014, I think. I think they've started filming already."

the movie is finished already!!!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Oh? How soon til we get a trailer?

message 15: by Brenna (new) - added it

Brenna Some people aren't team Javier?

message 16: by Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies (last edited Aug 02, 2013 02:53AM) (new)

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies !!!!!

READING NOW.

Ash Wednesday Brenna wrote: "Some people aren't team Javier?"

IKR?! I didn't even know it was a multiple choice question :D

message 18: by Brenna (new) - added it

Brenna Haha just wait til SS - can't wait to see what your thoughts about him are then!

Ash Wednesday Oh you mean he's worse than in OES? Hahaha! I dunno, my love for Javier/Gael's been pretty solid... Through the 'staining' and kidnapping :p

message 20: by Brenna (new) - added it

Brenna You'll see! We learn lots more about our precious Javi... :)

message 21: by Tellulah (new)

Tellulah Darling Oooh, nice POV. Thanks for the link, Stacia!

Stacia (the 2010 club) You're welcome :)

Brenna wrote: "Some people aren't team Javier?"

Just now saw this. I don't do psycho. :p Although, I am curious to see what I'll think in SS, which I have but haven't gotten a chance to read yet.

message 23: by Muggle (new)

Muggle Words can not describe how gratefully I am of you posting this, because I don't even want to Imagine when I may of found it. God, I want to reread the series now! And while I'm at it, thank you for your reviews, they've REALLY helped me narrow down what books to read! Sorry to bother you, but I couldn't NOT thank you for the link! I am dieing now that I finished the series, but I'm trying to get my hands on bloodlines

Stacia (the 2010 club) I would love to re-read the series before the movie comes out in February.

Hope you find Bloodlines!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog How did I just find out about this!! Wow!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Glad you found out about it though!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog Makes me want to do a re-read .... sigh..love that guy!!

message 28: by Cam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cam Is there a Dimitri???? This is a must read then!

message 30: by Cam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cam Stacia (now censored by Goodreads) wrote: "Watch me break out my epic wordsmith abilities.
"

Hehehehehe ...That's epic!!

I had some doubts about reading this series, but hey, after that I'm going to give it a go.
Now I'm curious about the similarities. And I saw that VA came out first.

Stacia (the 2010 club) The first book is just okay, but it does get a lot better. From about book 3 on, it's incredible.

Montana YAY team Dimitri is AWESOME I Read the link (thx for that ) and waz oh shit I wish richelle could make the WHOLE Series again but in Dimitris point of view becoz that has left me haning I neeed more of Dimitri

Stacia (the 2010 club) I don't always like reading the male PoV side, but I really did in this instance because Dimitri was always such a mystery. It was nice to see a little bit of how he ticked.

Montana yep I thought it was REALLY funny when Rose attacked him but she was tryna protect Lisa * Not that Dimitri would hurt anyone * * unless u r a STRIGOI * * dun dun dduuun *

message 35: by Jocelyn (new) - added it

Jocelyn Gelabert Okay the link doesn't exist anymore! Where can I find this?!

message 36: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Abejero the link is no longer available...