Annie Brewer's Reviews > Until You

Until You by Penelope Douglas

*EXCERPT*

Over the years, Tate had endured a lot of harassment because of me. People were pretty stupid in high school and freshman and sophomores are the dumbest. They want to be accepted, and gossip is taken as gospel. Tell people that someone has their clit pierced or that they eat dogs, and you just have to sit back and watch the school flood with talk. And usually the objects of the talk would drown pretty quickly.
However, by junior and senior year, silly rumors are about as effective as a broken condom. I’d wanted to keep guys away from Tate, but that wasn’t working so much anymore. They saw she was beautiful, and now, after the locker room incident, they saw her as a slut, too.
“Jared’s right. You’re not worth it.” Nate’s voice was low, but I was already on his ass.
“Sit down, Nate.”
He spun around, while Tate looked up. I didn’t make eye contact with her, but I knew her eyes were on me.
Dietrich looked surprised and small. He knew not to mess with me as did most of the school. I wasn’t huge, and I had no special skills that other guys didn’t have, but I wasn’t afraid. Ever. I didn’t mind getting hit, and I didn’t back down.
That’s what scared most people about me.
You come at me, and I’ll come after you harder.
“Hey, man, no offense.” He held up his hands. “If you’re not done with her…”
My arms surged with the need to haul this guy out of here by his collar.
If I’m not done with her?
And just then, I felt like crawling inside of myself to hide.
My throat tightened, and my eyes burned.
What the hell?
I wanted her to hurt, but I didn’t want her to hurt. I hated her. I loved her. I wanted to violate her body in a hundred different ways, but I wanted to keep her safe.
There was no limit to how fucking confused I was right now, but one thing was for certain.
Tate was worth more than all of us put together.
She wasn’t trash.
She was hope and sunlight, and all the good shit that assholes like us don’t get.
And for the first time, I wasn’t getting any goddamn peace from tormenting this girl. I just wanted to wrap her up in my arms and see her happy.
My eyes narrowed, and I wished for a perfect world where I could toss darts at this guy’s dick. “Don’t talk to her again,” I commanded. “Go.” And I jerked my chin off to a corner he should go fucking hide in.
Was I better than him?
No. But I’d deal with that shit later.
Tate let out an aggravated sigh as Nate walked off, and I turned my eyes on her in time to see her lips tighten. I saw the scowl, knew it was meant for me, but didn’t even have a chance to figure out why when she spoke up.
“Don’t do me any favors,” she sneered. “You’re a miserable piece of shit, Jared. But then, I guess I’d be miserable, too, if my parents hated me. Your dad left you, and your mom avoids you. But who can blame them, right?”
I stopped breathing, and the room around me closed in.
What the fuck did she just say?
I stared at her, feeling torn apart and dead, knowing that it was completely un-Tate to say something like that but also knowing that she spoke the truth.
I didn’t forget to breathe. I just didn’t want to anymore.
It felt like every eye in the room was on me and people were whispering behind their hands, laughing at me. I was exposed, and everyone knew my shit.
My eyes sharpened on her, and I wasn’t at all confused anymore about whether I loved or hated her.
I fucking hated her.
She was packaged up to look like a good girl, but make no mistake. There was bitch in there, and thank God I was reminded of that fact.

Enter to win giveaways on my blog....

Edit: HOLY SHIT!!!!! That cover.....seriously I wanna lick it and maybe caress it and rub it on myself....wait, TMI. Sorry. But holy hell, Jared, you are one juicy sexy bad boy and I can't wait to get my hands on you. Excuse me while I run a cold shower cause right now I'm sweating....

Woohoo!!!!!! I'm so so so so so so excited for this book!!!!! Or partial book, or whatever! I don't care, I just can't wait to read from Jared's pov!!!!! I was having mixed feelings for him in Bully. But since I'm a bad boy kinda girl, I ended up loving him. Not that his bad boy sexy charm made up for all the shit he did to Tate. But.....yeah, I fell for him anyway. And now we get his POV! So thank you Penelope, I can't wait!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until You.

July 29, 2013 – Shelved
July 29, 2013 – Shelved as: bad-boy
December 6, 2013 – Started Reading
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 1, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)

message 1: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Knew you would enjoy this one! :)

message 2: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer Haha thank you!!!! Omg I love Jared! Can not wait for his book! *swoon*

message 3: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine I so wanted to love him, but I just couldn't. He really just said some awful things to Tate, and I haven't forgiven him. lol But I am VERY excited about this. I hope it is a retelling rather than a continuation. I think it may allow me to warm to him. :)

message 4: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Okay, just read on the author's FB. This book picks up when Tate leaves for France so there will be a lot of new scenes. Then when Tate gets back we will get some of the major scenes from Bully in Jared's POV. Yay! I have hope to still fall in love with him. :)

message 5: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer Girl believe me, I was back and forth on whether I liked him or not. I wanted to punch his face in...or Tate to. But gah, I fell for him. I hope you fall for him after this!!! And yay, we get to see him pining for her!!! I can't wait!! :)

Christy MORE JARED!!!! YAY! I fell for him hard too, Annie! :D :D :D

message 7: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer What's with us and our bad boy obsession?! Lol! ;)

Katy Loves Romance ❤️ Me too LOVE him as well <3

message 9: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine I think I'm already liking him a bit more after seeing the cover reveal today.. wow.

message 10: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer I know right?? Just picture those abs while reading and you'll forget all the reasons you disliked him. Haha

message 11: by Keris Shay (new) - added it

Keris Shay I need this!!!!!!!!

message 12: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin LMFAO!!! Love your opening line there, Annie!!! ;-)

message 13: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer Hahahaha I know right? But seriously, look at that cover! Phew! I'm hot, it's hot in herrrr. Lol

message 14: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Annie wrote: "Hahahaha I know right? But seriously, look at that cover! Phew! I'm hot, it's hot in herrrr. Lol"

Damn straight, and lawdy I can't wait!!!

message 15: by Sleepy (last edited Aug 26, 2013 06:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sleepy Oh my god I cant wait to get my hands on jared POV!!! I just love him! ! And I loved that teaser

message 16: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer I know right??? I love him too!!! *swoon*

message 17: by Tracy (new) - added it

Tracy Awesome teaser!!! I loved Bully and can't wait for this to come out!! ;)

Louise Christensen When is it release?'

Nandar OMGAWD OMGAWWWWWWWWDD! WHY YOU TORTURE ME LIKE THIS!

message 20: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin Just finished this yesterday, SO good!!!

message 21: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie Brewer I'm sure it is! I just have little time to read these days. Whaaaaa :(

message 22: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin I know, same here hun, it sucks right?! I barely am making my yearly challenge, while a few months ago I was screaming at 30% ahead of schedule! Lol so depressing. :-(

message 23: by Nikki (new) - added it