Maria's Reviews > Undescribable

Undescribable by Shantel Tessier

bookshelves: bastard, drama, hea, heartbreaking, love-the-heroine, manwhore, misunderstandings, sweet, reviewed

A great debut by author Shantel Tessier!

Undescribable is a really good read. This has tons of great thing going for it in my opinion and I will try to list the top ones for me:
♥ Samantha Hall: WOW! Sam is a great female character. She is so sweet and caring towards others, but at the same time she is very independent and strong. The author has very much succeeded in creating a complex female character who do not annoy the shit out of me. I understood her actions throughout the whole book and I wanted to encourage her to go for things rather than slap her. Which is rather rare for me to feel, haha, female characters tends to bring out the violent side of me.

♥ Slade: Damn it. He is that guy you really want to and actually ought to hate. He is the guy you would tell any girlfriends of yours to stay far away from because he reeks of heartbreak. He is the ultimate playboy and has slept with half of the female population on this earth. But then he meets his Angel, he does a 180 and in the end you just cannot help to fall for him yourself.

♥ The bi-characters: The other characters in this book are really intriguing. You just want to know more about them. Please let Josh get his own book! :)

♥ The twists and turns: The story might seem similar to a lot of other stuff out there, but hey, why change something readers obviously like to read? It has the ground pillars of most romance books, but it also has originality to the story with its twists. There are unpredictable moments in this one that I loved. (view spoiler)

♥ No cliffhanger: Although the story of Sam and Slade is not finished, there is not a major cliffhanger in the end. I am left wanting to read more about them, but I do not need valium for the wait, which is a definite win for me.

If I had to pick a flaw in this book, I would pick Slade's 180. In the beginning it was hard for me to see how he could change his ways just from (view spoiler)

Overall, I am happy to rate this with a solid 4.5 stars. This is a great read with a good story and I can happily recommend this to anyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undescribable.

July 29, 2013 – Started Reading
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: manwhore
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: misunderstandings
July 30, 2013 – Shelved as: sweet
November 24, 2013 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Awesome review Maria! This sounds like the perfect read.. I just wonder how many books total..?? [klem]

Maria Thanks Sue! ♡ I think it's three books. I was going to start the second, but then I saw there's a third one too. So I'm still considering for now. *klem*

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Yeah it's risky... what if there is a cliffy...... hope you are enjoying your weekend my dear!

message 4: by Ingie (new)

Ingie Wonderful review, Maria! I like your layout for your reviews with bullet points (hearts etc) for good and bad. ...Nothing bad about this though. It's always great to see a happy friend. :)

message 5: by Maria (last edited Dec 15, 2013 08:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maria SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Yeah it's risky... what if there is a cliffy...... hope you are enjoying your weekend my dear!"

I know, I don't know if I want a cliffy right now. But I might start it anyways, I can't figure out what else to read!
My weekend is as enjoyable as it can be, I'm stuck on sick leave with bronchitis and the flu. But at least I get to read as much as I want (when I can keep my eyes open). Lol!
Hope your having a great weekend! :)

Maria Ingela wrote: "Wonderful review, Maria! I like your layout for your reviews with bullet points (hearts etc) for good and bad. ...Nothing bad about this though. It's always great to see a happy friend. :)"

Thank you, my sweet Ingela! I'm happy you like my bullet points. I struggled with writing my reviews before, but I found that this system helped me in gathering my thoughts. so I just kept on writing them like that:)

message 7: by Ingie (last edited Dec 15, 2013 12:40PM) (new)

Ingie Thats good!! - I like when you recognize the pattern in a review from a friend and that many friends here have their own style of writing them. The best is when you can quickly see what you want to read right then, especially if you intend to read the book later.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Maria wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Yeah it's risky... what if there is a cliffy...... hope you are enjoying your weekend my dear!"

I know, I don't know if I want a cliffy right now. But I might s..."

Oh no that schucks!!!!! Be sure to drink plenty and try to make yourself as cozy as possible.
I agree with my girl Ingela - your layout really works!!! = )))

Maria Thank you, ladies! You two both sure know how to put a smile on my face ♡♡

message 11: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • Fab review, poppet x