Mel's Reviews > Angel Fever

Angel Fever by L.A. Weatherly

This is definitely my favourite book series! I'm sad that it's come to an end, but I'm happy with the way L.A Weatherly concluded this series.

Angel Fever will break your heart during certain points of the book. I'm trying not to reveal too much, but fans of Willow and Alex will definitely be affected emotionally by their experiences. Also, I like how Willow was made to be a strong character in her own right. Her life doesn't revolve around her love life, and she realises that she is capable of surviving on her own if need be, and that life would go on if she was single. I also liked how Willow didn't automatically forgive Alex for the pain his decisions caused her. I can't help but compare this to Twilight where Bella's universe depends on her relationship with Edward and she'd die without him.

It's also interesting how Willow's relationship with Seb develops and changes throughout this book, after Seb has to accept that Willow will never love him like how she loves Alex. There was a moment in this book where I was worried that we'd have a repeat of the love triangle from Angel Fire, but L.A Weatherly made sure to wrap this up nicely and work in a twist that eventually gives all characters involved a happy ending. In my mind, I find this preferable over the Unearthly series where Clara was constantly going back and forth between Tucker and Christian and Christian ends up left hanging on his own at the conclusion of the series.

I also like how L.A Weatherly ensured to tie up as many loose ends with different characters for the final book. However, there are still two or three characters who I am wondering about.

The only negative point I'd say is that the AKs seem to be able to find their resources a bit too easily when you consider the circumstances.

Although, I have issues with the cover on the UK version of the book as Willow, Seb and Alex look very cartoon-like and unrealistic compared to their personalities. Willow looks too dark on all three covers.

Overall, this trilogy has been very enjoyable, action packed and excitable. It is clear to see how the characters have developed throughout, and they are very relatable and realistic with their strength s and weaknesses. Angel Fever is definitely a satisfying conclusion to the series and well worth the wait.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Fever.

July 28, 2013 – Shelved
July 28, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
August 7, 2013 – Started Reading
August 8, 2013 –
39.0% "Oh my... Alex!!!! L.A Weatherly must love to torture her readers :("
August 10, 2013 – Finished Reading