Nian's Reviews > Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress

liked it
bookshelves: 2007
Recommended for: Girls
Read in September, 2007

Seeing that Tina Ferraro is a newcomer in the Young Adult writing scene, I decided to try her first novel. Basically, it's about a girl called Nicolette, who was supposed to go to Prom with the perfect guy and wearing the perfect dress (see cover of book), but was suddenly dumped the day before the Prom. Now, Nic has an unworn dress hanging in her closet and she doesn't know what to do with it. Of course, it's about more than just a prom dress. The mian character deals with family issues - a mother who can't move forward into the future, a father who adores his new family much more than her - and certain mixed feelings for her best friend's brother.

I would say this author produced an interesting first book. The plot was interesting, the writing style well-liked and smooth. The characters were developed. This is the kind of book that isn't too emotional or super-good that you can't put down. Rather, it's like one of those books that's just very cute and you can't help but smile after being finished. I know I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Top Ten Uses for an Unworn Prom Dress.