Jonel's Reviews > A Ranger's Tale

A Ranger's Tale by Mysti Parker

Parker has a very approachable writing style. She takes you on the adventure of a lifetime in a manner that makes you feel like you’ve been there with the characters. Parker has created a completely new and utterly ravishing world that is fully formed and intricately crafted. She has thought of, and written about, everything, including a new calendar. You can visualise the different species and races that you encounter throughout this novel. Her descriptions are well formed and flow in such a manner that they always add to the very well formed storyline.

The way that Parker writes in the first person makes you feel closer to the main characters. It gives you insights into their characters, thoughts, and actions. You get to know their deepest feelings via their thoughts and fears. Seeing as how she also flips perspective from one main character to the other, while keeping the POV clear, you get to see all aspects of the interactions. She also does so in a manner that keeps the story flowing forward, instead of perpetually doubling back. This allows you to form a deep connection with the main characters. It is this connection, along with a myriad of other things, that allows you to feel while reading this novel. At times I was excited, nervous, happy, and this novel definitely brought tears to my eyes more than once.

And don’t get me wrong. It wasn’t just the main characters who were well developed. The entire cast was to die for. Each one was individually developed in such a manner that they could hold their own in another novel. There were a couple of characters who remained somewhat mysterious, but that was simply who they were.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with this novel. I cannot wait to read more from this series and from this very talented author.

Please note that I received this novel free of charge from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Ranger's Tale.

July 26, 2013 – Started Reading