Eva Leger's Reviews > Everything But the Burden: What White People Are Taking from Black Culture

Everything But the Burden by Greg Tate

Aug 17, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: b-non-fiction, couldn-t-finish-yuck, essays-diaries-stories-letters
Read in August, 2009

Absolute trash. White people shouldn't be rappers. White people, oh, I'm sorry, that's 'white' people (the capital is only used for Black people) shouldn't touch anything that Blacks started. Yet Black people can use, touch, take, share, etc., anything that White people started. People like this are the reason racism is alive and well today. How about everyone do whatever the hell they want to do and not worry about who STARTED it and who STOLE it.
Greg Tate is an rascist, idiotic bastard.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything But the Burden.

03/07/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Geez. He just edited the book, did you read the rest of the essays?

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 1 star

Eva Leger Sorry for the late reply but no, I didn't. I didn't need to. I read enough to be disgusted. I tend to steer away from things that disgust me in life. Especially regarding racists. :)

Peter William Warn "Absolute trash" is a description that can be used only by someone who has read absolutely all of the book. It's a shame you didn't because it means you have no credibility for your criticism.

message 4: by Chilli (new)

Chilli Its not about who "started" what and who "stole" is. I'm sure everyone woulf just love to do "whatever the hell they want to do" but can i just remind you that a lot of Black or black people can't because of systematic oppression from White or white people which is able to carry on because of ignorance like yours. The slave trade stole our identity before, and cultural appropriation wants to do it again, let us protest in peace, like we did before. I think you are the real racist in this situation, your ignorance is what keeps racism alive.