Lauren's Reviews > Gold

Gold by Talia Vance

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley-finds, 2013

** spoiler alert ** NB: I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley.

I was so torn about this book...there were things about it I loved, and things that made me cringe a little. For example, I love Brianna's stubborn streak and determination. But the relationship between her and Austin left me thinking of Edward and Bella pretty often (this is not a good thing). However, I do think Brianna is a stronger character than Bella, even after losing her powers...which leads me to what I enjoyed most about this book:

Until she suddenly loses her powers, Brianna is an equal to the baddies, the Sons of Killian, and a near-equal to Austin. She's powerful in her own right, not just because a powerful dude loves her, and that rocks!

I realized shortly after starting this book that it was a sequel...I don't know how I missed that before, but I sure did! I definitely think reading Silver first would be a good thing. There were many, MANY instances where I thought to myself, "This would make more sense if I'd read the first one..." I get the feeling, though, that I would be cringing a lot more while reading Silver; when the narrative did give me enough to decipher what had happened in the first book, it usually left me cold.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gold.

July 25, 2013 – Started Reading
July 25, 2013 – Shelved
July 25, 2013 – Shelved as: netgalley-finds
July 25, 2013 –
0.0% "Wish I would've read the first one before starting this :P"
July 25, 2013 –