Syreeta (Hardback Book Hotties) Elie's Reviews > Blood Jewel

Blood Jewel by Georgia Cates

I was a little late in reading book 2 of the series, and was so bummed out about it. But I have to say, great things come to those who wait.

Lets start with the cover shall we. A young lady with a tiara and a beautiful white gown looking at me. An iron gate set in the background. Where does it lead? Is it symbolic? I can tell the young lady has a story to be told, but what could it be? I am beyond ready to find out.

This time you get just a little taste of who Marsala is from her past. I wanted so much more. I have to admit, I want to see how Marsala came to be. Author Georgia Cates picks up where book 1 left off. The handsome vampire Curry Brennan and his love Chansey Leclaire are learning and loving one another and right when things were getting great, a curve ball named Marsala enters the picture.

Now Curry has to scramble to figure out how to keep his love safe and out of Marsala's nasty hands.

The story isn't complete without my two favorite characters to help Curry out, Sebastian and Solomon, Curry's two very hot vampire friends. Author Georgia Cates allows the audience to get to know these guys a little more, and by doing so, loving the characters without a doubt. I kept going from Team Sebastian to Team Solomon. Cates was able to give these gigantic monsters of the night, a sweetness and gentleness that is rarely found in vampires. You can't help but fall for these two guys. While these guys are together a question arises, What is a Blood Jewel?

When the new vampire is introduced we watch these vampires try and determine whether to be selfish and ignore the human, I mean they have their own problems going on with Marsala or selfless and do whats right, even if it meant getting hurt. The struggle of trying to figure out if is it worth loosing everything for someone they never met. Guess, what? The question is there again, What is a Blood Jewel?

Multi-task much?These vampires made it look like a piece of cake. They had me on the edge of my seat with one question answered another two arose. This book was beyond exhilarating. Cates also opened us up to see more of my Solomon. This hunk of loveable vampire is given such a softness and we watch him evolve. The beauty is that we don't know what the outcome of the evolving.

Author Cates throws out so many curve balls and surprises you are left with your mouth dropped open and saying "No she didn't!"... "wait, yes she did!"The best part about this book was no matter what, she did not overwhelm you with too much information. Too many details or too much fluff. Cates gave us a spectacular story with the right amount of ingredients to keep me hungry for more and turning those pages. Cates left me needing more and ended with such a fantastic cliff hanger I cannot wait for book 3 to be published. This book is without a doubt a HOT PAGE TURNER!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Jewel.

July 24, 2013 – Started Reading