Kevin's Reviews > Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life

Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn

12053631

liked it

It is a sweet, and wise book. At times while I was reading it, it seemed simplistic. Then, at other times, it made me tear up.

As I have read more books on meditation and Buddhism, I have slowly traveled along a spectrum from 'trippy' and 'weird' (Alan Watts, Aldous Huxley), toward more 'ordinary' books. I've enjoyed this evolution and I think it's a sign of me growing and maturing. I see the 'trippiness' as an advertisement or lure, but at the end of the day, it is not necessary. Ordinary life is the best venue for applying these ideas.

And so that is a long-winded prelude to saying that this is a very 'ordinary' book and one that at times seems simplistic but I think the answers to life, the universe, and everything are simple ones. One thing I noticed especially is that he never mentions nirvana or any ideas of heaven / hell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wherever You Go, There You Are.

July 24, 2013 – Shelved