K.L. Brady's Reviews > Behind Every Illusion

Behind Every Illusion by Christina Harner

Aug 16, 2009

Recommended to K.L. by: UP and Coming Authors
Recommended for: Fantasy fans

First of all, I'd like to congratulate Christina on her self publishing success. This is a major accomplishment. Your book cover and marketing materials are excellent and professionally done and certainly would pique a reader's curiousity.

Onto the review. This story centers around Tatiana and her realization that she is transforming into a faerie. She and her cohorts were very engaging characters who kept me interested throughout the story. Keeping in mind that this book falls outside of my usual genre, I actually thought this was a pretty good read after I got into it. Harner manages to put in some major twists and turns (and one particularly surprising twist). I was roped in as the story moved on and I had a hard time moving out of it. I reviewed the ARC which I understand is 25,000 words longer than the retail version, and I think that will go a very long way to improving the book's pacing and length, which would've been my only complaints. Behind Every Illusion was certainly a worthy read and I look forward to more from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind Every Illusion.