Ann's Reviews > Superhero

Superhero by Eli Easton

bookshelves: boymeetsboy-review-books, higher-learning, sports

For the most part, I really liked this story. Jordan and Owen are great characters and I could see and feel their connection that grew from 2nd grade on. I loved that while they were both so young, they both were incredibly strong willed and positive. Their love and loyalty was both refreshing and heartwarming. I could believe that Owen changed and grew and his feelings for Jordan were real and not just a reaction to an event.

All that being said, the parts that didn't work for me were the sexy times.
That physically hurt me to type that just now.
I just couldn't get past their ages and it made me feel squinchy and pervy. I'm usually completely fine with squinchy and pervy, I love those two things. Just not with the underaged. Which is a huge bummer because I'm a big fan of (view spoiler), BIG FAN, and I wanted to enjoy it more than I could because it was really well done. My brain brakes just weren't letting it happen.

The story was so well written but I couldn't help but back up a little from it at that point and that was a bummer. That's why I usually steer clear of the YA stories myself, although I don't think that I would classify this one as YA, I generally can't read about sexytimes when my MC's aren't adults.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Superhero.

Quotes Ann Liked

Eli Easton
“No one's going to come shopping if the 'for sale' sign isn't on the door.”
Eli Easton, Superhero

July 23, 2013 – Shelved
July 23, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
December 13, 2013 – Shelved as: boymeetsboy-review-books
January 21, 2014 – Started Reading
January 21, 2014 – Finished Reading
January 22, 2014 – Shelved as: higher-learning
January 22, 2014 – Shelved as: sports

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

LenaRibka It was one of the highlights of the last year for me ;)!

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann I stayed up entirely too late and finished it last night. It was really, really good!

message 3: by LenaRibka (last edited Jan 22, 2014 10:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

LenaRibka Ann wrote: "I stayed up entirely too late and finished it last night. It was really, really good!"

;)) Glad you enjoyed it! I have one more book of Eli Easton on my kindle, just have to find the right time to read it! ;)