Holly's Reviews > Graceling

Aug 15, 2009

bookshelves: favorites, series, fantasy
Recommended to Holly by: Anne Osterlund
Read in November, 2009

I was incredibly startled at how much I enjoyed this book. It jumps right into the action and it was a little hard for me to understand, but it didn't take too terribly long to get a handle on the situation.

Katsa is such an amazing character. She's awesome, she's flawed, she doesn't understand herself or her limitations at times, and she's pretty selfless. She was like a real person.

Same goes for Po. I instantly liked him the same way he pretty instantly trusted Katsa. It actually probably took me longer to trust her than him. Not that I thought Katsa was bad, but seeing Po through her eyes allowed me to like him better.

There were some things about Graceling that teens can really relate to and I liked that. It's so much fun to read a book where the characters are feeling the same things you feel instead of those characters that seem like a god in disguise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Graceling.

Quotes Holly Liked

Kristin Cashore
“Perhaps I can stay by the fire and mend your socks and scream if I hear any strange noises.”

Kristin Cashore
“I'm not going to wear a red dress," she said.
"It would look stunning, My Lady," she called.
She spoke to the bubbles gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face.”

Kristin Cashore
“Something caught in her throat at this second thanks, when she'd threatened him so brutally. When you're a monster, she thought, you are thanked and praised for not behaving like a monster. She would like to restrain from cruelty and receive no admiration for it.”

10/29/2009 page 80
11/02/2009 page 242
51.38% "This book is AMAZING!"

Ilana Yes! I love this book!

Stephanie I love it too!!