P๏€cɨℓią* ~SLiTsRead's Reviews > Thief

Thief by Tarryn Fisher

bookshelves: favorites

Simply beautiful. Beautiful writing, beautiful story. It's right up there with Thoughtless series by S.C. Stephens. It is not as much of an emotional roller coaster as Thoughtless, but getting very very close. What makes this stands out are the plot twists and the author's play on the psyche of the characters. Poor Caleb, I would wish myself a lobotomy if I were him.

The writing was superb. It was beautiful how the author stitched the past and present together. It's an art form in its own right. Below is one of my fav:
I’ve come to the conclusion that there are no set rules in life. You do what you have to do to survive. If that means running away from the love of your life to preserve your sanity, you do it. If it means breaking someone’s heart so yours doesn’t break; do it. Life is complicated — too much so for there to be absolutes. We are all so broken. Pick up a person, shake them around and you’ll hear the rattling of their broken pieces. Pieces our fathers broke, or our mothers, or our friends, strangers, or our loves.

Love the ending too. It's not 100% perfect but it's very romantic and very real. *sigh*....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thief.

July 21, 2013 – Started Reading
July 21, 2013 – Shelved
July 21, 2013 –
35.0% "OMG That's what really happened?! That is sad... I knew Caleb wasn't like that."
July 21, 2013 –
38.0% "Really Noah u were gone for the anniversary?! What's wrong w/ you?"
July 22, 2013 –
65.0% "OMG Leah is such a snake"
July 22, 2013 –
75.0% "Fight! Fight! Caleb!"
78.0% "NO! Olivia!"
July 22, 2013 –
78.0% "Oh my goodness. You conniving snake, Leah."
July 22, 2013 –
82.0% "what the heck? so is she or isn't she her daughter? I can't take anymore of this back and forth."
July 22, 2013 – Shelved as: favorites