Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > The Heist

The Heist by Janet Evanovich

Initial Impressions 12/14/17: This was actually a lot more entertaining and engaging than I had expected! I've read most of Janet Evanovich's other books/series and they've always been quite silly and over-the-top. I loved the influence/writing/collaboration with Lee Goldberg here because I feel like that was a very grounding influence in the book and THE HEIST was different than Evanovich's usual pattern which is fun, but tedious if you've read 30 books that all follow the same format.

THE HEIST is much more Ocean's 11 meets Leverage with only a dash of Stephanie Plum. You still see Evanovich's influence and slang pop up in the book (finally, an audiobook narrator who can pronounce "criminy" correctly) but it feels a bit more realistic than some of the crazier antics of books like the Stephanie Plum novels. Don't get me wrong -- there are still some crazy things that happen in this book, but it's more along the lines of the things con artists do for a heist and less monkeys, giraffes, and zombies.

I actually really enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, but I'm also SUCH a sucker for heist novels. I'm really excited for this series now! It's not a heavy book but it's not AS fluffy as I expected, which was really more of a pleasant surprise. I love the crew, really enjoyed the chemistry between the characters, and I can't wait to see what else this gang gets up to in the upcoming novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heist.

July 21, 2013 – Shelved