Kcduchess's Reviews > Dark Lover

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

bookshelves: from-dusk-till-dawn, five-stars

I'm writing this review almost three years after I first read Dark Lover. I've had at least five re-reads since. But I still remember how I was totally breathless after finishing it the first time. It was like nothing I had read before and it was GOOD. Still is, it's among my top three from the BDB series.

What got me hooked was the world building, vampires in urban modern day world and the rules of the world... J.R. Ward introduced us to a whole new concept of vampires. And damn, the woman can write! Witty dialogue, scenes that stir up strong emotions and I mean the whole scale.

The story is about Wrath, the king of vampires and Beth, half blooded daughter of Darius, a Black Dagger Brotherhood warrior. And it's not easy, never is. Falling in love, choosing what to believe in...

Besides being a love story and a HEA romance, this book is also an introduction to the Brotherhood. Phury, Vishous, Tohrment, Zsadist, Rhage. Five complicated alpha males, each one haunted by their past, beast or curse. United by Brotherhood and their loaylty to their King and the race. And their enemies, the lessers... the backstory regarding where the vampires and their archenemies come from is definitely intriguing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Lover.

June 10, 2013 – Started Reading