Hannah's Reviews > Free-Range Knitter: The Yarn Harlot Writes Again

Free-Range Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

bookshelves: knitting, kick-ass-women

I enjoyed it!

Random thoughts:
* Are there really people who walk and knit? If so, my weirdness with knitting has not quite hit that point (yet).
* I didn't know there were special bags for carrying around your yarn so it doesn't roll around on the bus. I promptly went out and bought this: Sock Knitting Project Bag Hexipuff Small Crochet Wip Bag - Crazy Calaveras so that I can carry around my socks in progress (SiP?).
* The story of the ball of the yarn in the elevator seriously cracked me up.
* The story of the little girl learning to knit was awesome.
* I no longer feel quite as guilty at the thought of having multiple needles of the same size so I can have more socks going at once. There is nothing wrong with my addiction and it's very nice to have it confirmed.

It was a light-hearted, funny book that poked fun at all of the things we do as knitters - or things that we think about doing but don't actually do.

I also really liked Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off: The Yarn Harlot's Guide to the Land of Knitting - I listened to that one on audio book. After all, what's better than reading fun knitting annocdotes than knitting *and* listening to an audio book about knitting? :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Free-Range Knitter.

July 20, 2013 – Started Reading