Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James's Reviews > Nomad

Nomad by J.L. Bryan

bookshelves: dystopia, new-adult

Review also posted at Ja čitam, a ti?

Few months ago I was lucky enough to host this author and share his guest post on my blog. You can check it here and if you do you'll laugh so hard. I realized that this author can be really hilariously witty and the best part of it he transferred that into Nomad or better said Raven which made this reading experience pleasurable.

This story starts in the middle of everything. We met Raven walking on the road without previous memories. She is completely lost in place and time and slowly she discovers that some people are after her so she knows that she must defend which is like breathing to her as she is a soldier. With all advanced technology from future she realizes that she is on a mission to fix things and save future. She came back to kill a future dictator while he is still young and powerless. Of course, things are never as easy as they seem.

Beside a really kick-but character, which I enjoyed being, Nomad has a great idea which is nicely developed. The world building was great and it was so easy to picture the destroyed future in which Raven grew up. There is also romance here, so it wasn't put aside. Add great pacing to all that, and you realize it's a nicely balanced book for all lovers of dystopia and those who are yet to become that.

Only thing is that I wish there was more Jabbie here. I was so curious about his character so I only wish he had been more developed. But nonetheless you won't be able to put this book down and you'll turn pages frantically just to see what happens next. It's addictive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nomad.

July 18, 2013 – Shelved
July 18, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read
October 3, 2013 – Started Reading
October 4, 2013 –
page 112
October 5, 2013 – Finished Reading
November 2, 2013 – Shelved as: dystopia
November 2, 2013 – Shelved as: new-adult

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by ♥Rachel♥ (new)

♥Rachel♥ Wonderful review, Tanja! :)

Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi/James Thanks, Rachel :)