Jacki's Reviews > Widow

Widow by Erica Chilson

bookshelves: favorites

As a fan of Erica Chilson I can happily say she has impressed me with Widow! I loved this book and in classic Erica Chilson fashion, she has made me fall in love with these characters. Malcolm and Clover have not had easily lives. They both have the weight of their worlds on their shoulders and are struggling to handle everything on their own. This was a deeper, more emotional tale than we know Erica to write, but I was not at all let down. She had the brutal reality, the touchy subjects, and the true human struggle, but she still included the quirky kinkiness, and blunt humor I love in her books. In this story you could feel the raw, deeper base emotions coming from the writer and flowing through the characters to express basic human need. You see them struggle and want the very best for them, but it's life. Not everything can be planned or expected. Trying to control everything can get you slapped in the face. This book expresses a more realistic and raw side of Erica's writing and it expresses so much growth in her as an author. I am very impressed by this tale and I know at this point I am itching for the next installment from this series that so far has a strong, deep, and truly entertaining framework set out in just the beginning. Thank you Erica! I look forward to every new side of yourself that you show in your writing and like wine, it just keeps getting better! I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to read a story that has it all; emotion, romance, quirkiness, humor, lust, struggle, drama, you name it. Happy reading!

Wicked Reads Review Team

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Widow.

July 18, 2013 – Shelved