Liz's Reviews > The Ten-Year Nap

Aug 12, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: book-club
Read in August, 2009

I hated every single character in this book. There was not a single individual that I didn't want to grab by the shoulders and shake while yelling "STOP COMPLAINING!"

I'm glad I read this book as I think it will serve as interesting discussion fodder for book club; a book about the horribly unhappy lives of women grappling with the decisions that lead them to becoming stay at home moms is an interesting topic for a book club filled with professional woman in their 20s thinking about having/just beginning to have kids. And the book DID make me think about where I want to be in 10/15 years and how the person I am now -- and the choices I am making now -- will influence that.

The concept of this book is much better than the execution. The characters seemed to have no depth or dimension to them, there was no discussion about the the worlds in between staying at home full time or working full time for mothers, and as I read I kept thinking to myself "Thank GOD I'm not friends with any of these hateful people"
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ten-Year Nap.