Meagan's Reviews > The 7 Stages of Motherhood: Making the Most of Your Life as a Mom

The 7 Stages of Motherhood by Ann Pleshette Murphy

19698800

Although I didn't necessarily agree with everything the mother who wrote this book said, I truly appreciated this book for all that it was. Her honesty was exactly what I needed. It was so rewarding to share her experiences because as the mother of a toddler and one on the way, I felt like I wasn't alone in my struggles. Not only did I receive assurance for the past and encouragement for the present, but I also got a glimpse of my future with my own children and some of the struggles we may or may not face together. As someone who used to struggle with thinking that working mothers were selfish, this book helped me along the road to better understanding where they're coming from. The bottom line is that some people will love this book and some won't, depending on whether or not they can understand the author as a real and honest person who truly wants what is best for her kids. Any mother knows that while sacrificing her own desires for her kids is essential, she has to know where to draw the line and take care of her own needs, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 7 Stages of Motherhood.

July 18, 2013 – Started Reading