Laura J. W.'s Reviews > Chantepleure

Chantepleure by Linda  Robinson

Aug 11, 2009

bookshelves: on-the-nightstand

For every writer, writing is their joy, and becoming published is the ultimate reward. There are books that are bright and entertaining, there are books that are steady and engrossing, and there are books that are quiet and thoughtful, "Chantepleuré" by Linda Robinson is all of those things. There’s priceless storytelling between the covers of this book that is magical. After each visit that I made to these pages, I would think about it all the next day, chewing on thoughts with delight. As a reader, that’s what I love most about a good book, if it haunts me, I only want more. As a writer, I would nod and cheer, “Amen, sister — you hit that nail square on the head. I couldn’t have said it better myself.” And then I’d go back to re-read that spot and smile, just so delighted with the experience of reading. This book I needed to read as a reader and a writer, the timing of its arrival all too perfect. I believe it’s part of the duty of a writer to communicate — it’s a writer’s hope that someone will read their book and have it help them in some way, to get them thinking outside of the box — outside of the book. It helps you believe that everything is possible, even during your darkest moments. "Chantepleuré" is alive with a community of characters that are tangible, fully realized with intricate connections in which their lives overlap with the past, and continue forward toward the unknown future — life goes on. The theme of “transition” is a universal and contemporary issue faced by women throughout life and on to death. The resilience of women is celebrated here, even when they’re not handling their transition from “warrior” to “elder” gracefully, but they eventually face the phases of their lives bravely and with quiet elegance. Linda Robinson has so much to be proud of, her talent is a gift to be given, and this book will stand the test of time, and will never grow old. What a delight, thank you, Linda for sharing this novel with the world, I’m so happy that it’s out there, available to any reader who needs it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chantepleure.

August 11, 2009 – Shelved
September 2, 2009 – Shelved as: on-the-nightstand
September 2, 2009 –
page 11
4.55% "This seems too fitting for how things are..."It would be grand to work with joy." (I really like what I'm reading!)"
September 5, 2009 –
page 31
12.81% "This seems too fitting for how things are..."It would be grand to work with joy." (I really like what I'm reading!)"
September 5, 2009 –
page 31
12.81% "Definitely a "good read"!"
September 7, 2009 –
page 50
20.66% "Definitely a "good read"!"
September 7, 2009 –
page 50
September 8, 2009 –
page 69
September 8, 2009 –
page 69
28.51% "It's the right book for the right time of my life..."
September 9, 2009 –
page 84
September 11, 2009 –
page 97
40.08% "I really love the lessons in letterpress...with my one of my big toes in the art history/museum world, this is very enjoyable..."
September 21, 2009 –
page 157
64.88% "I'm really savoring this one, what a lovely book!"
September 23, 2009 –
page 175
72.31% "I couldn't put it down last night...full steam ahead past midnight...I had to pick up "JCO's Journal" to fall asleep!"
Started Reading
September 30, 2009 –
page 232
95.87% "Finished last night (9/29/09)...what a fantastic read! A more in depth review to come! The perfect book at the perfect time! Thanks Linda!"
September 30, 2009 –