Amanda Masters's Reviews > Persephone

Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis

bookshelves: wicca-witch-4-book-blog-reviews

Absolutely amazing book! I couldn't put it down and finished it in a couple of hours! I loved all the Greek myth in the story and I couldn't get enough of Hades and the goings on in the Underworld! Kaitlin Bevis is a incredible writer who draws you into the story and doesn't let you go til the very end!

This is a book about 16 year old Persephone who never know growing up she was the actual Goddess Persephone. She thinks she is going crazy when she hears the wind calling her name, shadows following her and it seems like eyes are watching her everywhere. When Persephone is attacked her mother Demeter breaks the news to her. Persephone is sure her mother has gone crazy and flees desperate to find some semblance of normality.

When walking in the park a strange chill comes over the air and snow begins to fall. The God of Winter, Boreas, has decided that he must have Persephone as his own. Before Boreas can claim her for his own Hades steps in and rescues her. In order to take Persephone to the Underworld and to safety Hades must mark her as his bride. Despite her growing feelings between them, Persephone knows she must defeat Boreas so she can return home to the realm of the living.

What Will happen when the spring equinox arrives? Will Hades still want her to be his bride?

This book was sooooo freaking good! I couldn't put it down from start to finish! Kaitlin is a wonderful writer and I enjoyed each and every character!

Cassandra was my favourite in the story. She was so lively and such a great friend to Persephone and Hades. She would literately do anything for them and more then once helped them out greatly!

The bad guy wasn't all that scary I thought he could have been more creepy. He did have some really awesome powers though and he used them really well!

I can't wait to read the next book in the series! and to see what more will happen with Persephone and Hades! if you haven't read this book yet you should! I recommend it to everyone!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persephone.

July 15, 2013 – Shelved