Julie's Reviews > Abinadi

Abinadi by H.B. Moore

Aug 10, 2009

liked it
Read in August, 2009

This was a historical fiction novel based on the life of Book of Mormon prophet Abinadi. Since there isn't much information about his personal life, the author places him as a young man in his early 20's instead of the older one that is often depicted in paintings who has lived a long life before his death. His story of commitment and sacrifice has always touched me, but to think of him in this case made it even more so. Alma's life previous to his conversion is also examined, and it makes me wonder if the author will continue the story in another novel.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abinadi.

message 1: by K.R. (new)

K.R. Patterson Why only three stars? Did it not feel like it had a lot of depth? I didn't know there was a story of Abinidi out there in fiction form, but I've always thought that would be a most intriguing story to explore.

Julie Karyn wrote: "Why only three stars? Did it not feel like it had a lot of depth? I didn't know there was a story of Abinidi out there in fiction form, but I've always thought that would be a most intriguing sto..."

I guess I look at the headings for the stars too much. Did I LOVE it? I don't know. I really enjoyed it though. I don't know if it had a lot of depth. I never thought it was cheesy or anything. Robert just finished listening to it on cd and the guy reading it did a good job.