Morgan's Reviews > Night Play

Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon

1977404
Aug 08, 2009

bookshelves: fiction, paranormal, romance, vampires-and-immortals, werewolves-and-shifters
Read in August, 2009

Finally! I liked this one even a little more than the first one.

Not surprisingly, the main character is a Were-Hunter and not a Dark-Hunter. lol. So this time it is wolves instead of vampires. They reminded me a little of my own 'wolves', so I was instantly more drawn to these characters. Not to mention a plus-sized heroine isn't anything to sneeze at as far as the 'relating to it' goes. ;)

Bride & Vane were just so cute together, and it was a better story than the last several books. I loved Bride's family (apart from her sister) and the menagerie they had over at their family home. They even have a gator as a pet! haha. The scene with Vane and Fury helping the abused dog Cujo just broke my little heart. Save as many damsels in distress as you want and it doesn't move me, but help an animal and I am an attractive puddle of goo at your feet.

What really sold me? More Simi! :D

This is the part that made me think of my friend 'Rowmantick':

"Ash met them there with Simi, who was also crying. "That was bootiful," she sobbed hysterically at Vane. Then she turned to face Ash. "Akri, the Simi wants someone to propose like that to her. Go get that model Travis Fimmel for me and make him do that, too. Please!"

heehee. I am sure that both you and 'Vyolense' can see why I thought of you there, Mary. haha.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Play.

08/09/2009 page 279