Carrie Pagels's Reviews > The Letters

The Letters by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Suzanne Woods Fisher possesses something no one else has--her voice. That certain Suzanne voice that defies description and when I've tried I've mangled it. And the narrator of this book does a superb job of capturing the Suzanneness that I love.

You're introduced to a household of characters and some from nearby and some from out of the area. But even with all the cast of characters each one has his or her own voice and unique traits.

Even if the listener doesn't agree with the choice the doctor's wife makes (or choices) by the end of the story you'll find yourself accepting them and seeing how it could work. This secondary plot line was extremely well done.

Rose Schrock is a special heroine and Galen King a subdued but persuasive hero for the story. Loved how Suzanne had this one twist with the step-daughters "boyfriend." And the plot line with the underlying medical condition. I am trying to not do any spoilers.

I purchased my book as an audible.com download but it is also available as a CD, paperback, and ebook.

If you go with an audiobook, listen and ENJOY!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Letters.

July 13, 2013 – Shelved