Jaimey's Reviews > The Sister Pact

The Sister Pact by Cami Checketts

Aug 07, 2009

bookshelves: suspense, clean-romance
Recommended for: those who like clean romance with an element of suspense

Synopsis: Two sisters, one is injured and in a coma from which it doesn't seem she'll wake and the other is suspected of being the one to have hurt her. While Allie sleeps, Savvy must try to determine who attacked her. Helping Savvy is Noah, the detective who suspects she is the culprit.

My two cents: This book had its funny moments, its scary moments and its "awwwww!" moments. I enjoyed each of the characters, most of whom had at least one scene told from their POV. I do like books where I get to see what all the main characters are thinking, instead of just the hero/heroine, as is the case with most romances.

I admit, I was first drawn to this book when I read a scene from the POV of the antagonist. But I felt it might have added to the suspense if I hadn't known from page 1 (literally) who the villain was. While the suspense was definitely there, it was the frustrated, "I-can't-believe-he's-standing-right-next-to-you-and-you-don't-know-it's-him!" kind rather than the edge-of-your-seat, "I-wonder-what's-going-to-happen-next" kind. (My apologies for my overuse of hyphens.)

Overall, it was a pretty good read. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a clean contemporary romance with a touch of suspense.

*This review is based on the paperback received for free from the publisher at the author's request. My apologies to Ms Checketts and her publisher for my delay in posting this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sister Pact.

August 7, 2009 – Shelved