Laura's Reviews > The Vanishing Sculptor

The Vanishing Sculptor by Donita K. Paul

Aug 07, 2009

Tipper is a young emerlindian who’s responsible for the upkeep of her family’s estate during her sculptor father’s absence. Tipper soon discovers that her actions have unbalanced the whole foundation of her world, and she must act quickly to undo the calamitous threat. But how can she save her father and her world on her own?

The task is too huge for one person, so she gathers the help of some unlikely companions--including the nearly five-foot tall parrot Beccaroon--and eventually witnesses the loving care and miraculous resources of Wulder. Through Tipper’s breathtaking story, readers will discover the beauty of knowing and serving God.
I am not a big fantasy fan. I generally try to avoid giving reviews for these types of books, but I have been kicking myself now for avoiding them! Author Donita K. Paul has converted me. I loved this book and I can see why young people are enthralled with anything written by Ms. Paul. I am so taken with The Vanishing Sculptor that I am now going to go back and read the books that have made her famous - The Dragon Keeper Chronicles.

I was delighted with the characters. From wizards, to tumanhofers, to Grand Talking Parrots the journey into the world of Chiril kept me enthralled from the first page! Why I have denied myself fantasy novels boggles the mind!

The subtle message of our need for a Saviour was not lost on me and I'm sure will not be lost on anyone who reads this book. Ms. Paul has done a marvellous job of using fantasy to show her readers, both young and old how precious the love of God is toward His children.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vanishing Sculptor.

04/22/2016 marked as: read