Laura's Reviews > Sentinel

Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: favorites, ya, fantasy, romance

Update 1/9/14
This was one of the best series' I ever read and I'm sorry to see my favorite characters go. In the final installment of the Covenant series, Alex was as witty as ever and Aiden was as swoon worthy as ever! I'd say this book was definitely the most rollercoastery in terms of emotions... I couldn't stop crying at the end! I don't want to put any spoilers in this review so I'll just say this - I was completely content with the end. It pretty much tied everything up except for a few things (hint hint a final novella????).

As with all of the books in this series, Sentinel was packed with action. There were literally no slow spots - something was always happening! The plot seemed a little confusing at first but you catch on quickly. Everything is eventually explained.

I was so so so happy to have Seth back on team Alex again! He sacrifices everything for her and his character really added a sense of perspective and depth with his changing moods and alliances.

Overall, this series was absolutely amazing and is one of my favorite of all time. Sentinel was heart-wrenching and emotional and action-packed and totally deserving of FIVE STARS!!

*************************************************************************I'm not even going to try and write a review right now... I'm still in shock and REALLLY emotional so just give me a minute... The only thing that's going through my mind right now is "Why did the series have to end?!??!?!!?"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sentinel.

Quotes Laura Liked

“Gods were like possums.

You could go your whole life without seeing one, but once you found one of them, you found the whole freaky family.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“As we walked toward the dean's office, he reached over, trailing his fingers along my arm. "Do they still react when I touch you?"

Heat crawled through my veins, and I nodded. The marks had followed the path of his touch. "Yeah, they still like you."

One side of his lips curled up, and a look of male pride crossed his face. I shook my head. Boys.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“My jaw dropped open. “Holy crows…”

“There’s a couple of eagles mixed in there,” Luke commented.
"And a few hawks,” Aiden added.

I rolled my eyes. “Okay. Holy birds of prey! Is that better?”

“Much,” Aiden murmured.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He was my strength when I needed him to be, my friend when I needed someone to talk me down, my equal in a world where by law I would always be less than him, and honest to gods, he was the love of my life.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“We need a plan," he replied.
"Wow," Seth folded his arms. "That's a unique concept."
"Seth," I hissed, shooting him a look.
"That's okay," Apollo replied, smiling at Seth in a wholly creepy "hide your kids" kind of way. "When you least expect it, I'm going to turn you into a pink flower that smells like cat pee.”

July 11, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read