Emma Louise's Reviews > All Unquiet Things

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab

Aug 07, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: bought

The positives: it was evenly paced, and an interesting plot. The story itself was a little choppy, and I struggled to ease into the interchangeable points of view, and the settings, but overall it was well written. It was exciting enough to keep my attention the whole way through and I didn't pick Carly's killer (I'm usually quite rubbish at picking the killer anyway!)

The negatives: both Neily and Audrey's voices sounded the same. I had a hard time telling them apart because their mannerisms, their thoughts, their views and the way they talked were too similar. There wasn't alot of difference between them so the multiple points of view was lost on me because they essentially weren't any different. Carly was unlikeable. I had a hard time feeling sorry for her. She was a bit of a walking cliche. Swept up in the world of death, betrayal and cheating, and then winds up murdered. The book felt similar to the movie 'Brick'. Audrey and Neily's retelling of Carly's story was painfully repetitive and so whiney. Poor little rich girl loses her mother, she dumps her loyal boyfriend and starts hanging out with dangerous Adam Murray. It just sounds like I'd heard it all before.

Overall, not bad, but not outstanding either. Having said that I'm interested in reading what Anna Jarzab writes next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Unquiet Things.

August 7, 2009 – Shelved
January 24, 2010 – Shelved as: bought
May 25, 2010 – Started Reading
May 25, 2010 –
0.0% "Not a bad start. After finishing Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, I'm having trouble settling into another book, but this one's promising right now."
May 28, 2010 –
page 113
33.53% "i like how evenly paced this is so far. that's about all i have to say right now."
May 30, 2010 – Finished Reading